PROTOCOL to the Agreement of 2 June 2015
In the Agreement of June 2, article 6, first indent, it is stated:
“By June 10, the parties shall agree on the exact organization of the government preparing the elections”. On 19 June, leaders reconfirmed their commitment to the aforementioned agreement in writing and agreed to continue discussions.
This Protocol completes the first indent of Article 6. It shall form an integral part of the 2 June Agreement.
The undersigned parties agree on the following:
1.On 1 September 2015, SDSM will return to Parliament, as set out in the second indent of Article 6 of the June 2 Agreement.
2. On 20 October 2015, a new Minister of Interior shall be appointed upon nomination by SDSM and after consultation with VMRO-DPMNE and DUI. This Minister shall be a technical appointment.
3. On 20 October 2015, a new Minister of Labour and Social Affairs shall be appointed, upon nomination of SDSM. 4. On 20 October 2015, new, additional Deputy Ministers will be appointed for the following Ministries:
a. The Ministry of Interior, upon nomination by VMRO-DPMNE
b. The Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs, upon nomination by VMRO-DPMNE
c. The Ministry of Finance, upon nomination by SDSM
d. The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Supply, upon nomination by SDSM e. The Ministry of Information Society and Administration, upon nomination by SDSM
These Deputy Ministers shall have the full right of review and veto in their respective Ministries in all legal, financial and personnel matters related to the organisation of the elections. All the aforementioned new Ministers and Deputy Ministers shall remain in their positions in the new Government referred to below.
5. The incumbent Government will submit its formal resignation to Parliament in due time to enable the new Government to be sworn in on 15 January 2016, 100 days before the parliamentary elections which shall be held on 24 April 2016. The new Government shall be headed by a new Prime Minister nominated by VMRO-DPMNE. Its government program shall be limited to the organisation of the early parliamentary elections.
6. The above rule that the incumbent Government shall resign in time to leave office 100 days before the next elections, and that a new Government shall be appointed, shall apply to the April 2016 elections, and, following the necessary legal changes which shall be enacted as soon as possible, for future elections.
7. The parties commit to complying with this Agreement in full and in good faith. The parties also commit to avoiding any new impediments including in relation to the holding of elections on 24 April 2016.
8. The third indent of Article 6 shall be completed as follows: after “immediate action”, the following text shall be added:
“By 15 September 2015, there shall be a new, Special Prosecutor with full autonomy to lead the investigations surrounding and arising from the interception of communications. This Special Prosecutor shall be appointed by agreement of the undersigned parties.”
Skopje, 15 July 2015